Prayer update from May 25, 2013:
We wanted to share a few praises and prayer requests before we start a busy time of travel that will take us from Texas to New York to Cambodia, then to South Carolina.
- I graduated from UT Arlington with my degree in linguistics on May 12. We have made many wonderful friends and experienced God’s grace is many ways during our time in Texas.
- With the help of friends and my parents, we packed up our apartment and got most of our things to Spartanburg, SC. (My parents drove the Penske truck to SC. We stayed behind in Texas for a couple weeks to wrap up a few things and take a weekend vacation in the hill country of Texas, just below Austen.)
- We are now at 23% of our monthly support level (all from individuals so far).
- Our schedule of meetings in churches in 2013 is off to a good start. (We had a wonderful time a few weeks ago at North Houston Baptist!)
- Tomorrow after the morning church service, we start a long drive. Over the course of about a week, we’ll travel about 1500 miles: Texas to Atlanta (my grandma lives there) to Greenville, SC (where my parents live) to York, PA (where Amy’s parents live). Please pray for safety (alertness and skill for me as I drive, and protection from danger) and for the kids to stay happy!
- After a few days in York, Amy and I leave Becca and Isaiah behind with their grandparents and drive to NY. On June 5 we fly out for Cambodia, where we’ll be till June 17. Please pray that this will be a productive and informative trip for us. What we learn will help us prepare for our eventual move to Cambodia.
- Pray that we will show love and forbearance towards each other as a family, and pray that we will walk with God in His Word and in prayer.
Thank you for your prayers! We rely on the help that comes from the Lord. And thank you for your words of encouragement to us!
Josh & Amy Jensen