For the last few days, we’ve been with Amy’s parents in York, PA. The kids will stay with them while Amy and I travel to Cambodia. This evening we (Amy and I) will be driving to Huntington Station, NY, where Amy’s brother Sam lives with his family. They’ll be driving us to the airport tomorrow.
Our big request right now is for Becca. This morning she woke up with a fever, which we had a doctor check out to see whether she needs an antibiotic (she doesn’t). It’s probably a normal viral infection, but please keep Becca in your prayers over the next couple days. When she’s sick, she prefers to be near Amy, so our leaving this evening will be hard on her. Pray that she would be content to stay with her grandparents and that she’ll be feeling better very soon. And pray for Amy’s parents, and her sister, Emily, as they keep the kids. We’ll be away from the kids from this evening (June 4) till sometime June 18.
For Amy and me, please pray for:
- quick adjustment to the time zone (11 hours ahead of Eastern U.S.)
- no problems with connections or baggage (our suitcase plus 3 50-lb. boxes)
- the right experiences and the right conversations with the right people to prepare us for (1) moving to Cambodia and (2) preparing ourselves during our year of partnership development
- grace to share with others — so we will not only receive but also give during the trip
Our schedule is something like this:
- A day in Shanghai (25-hr layover): we have friends to stay with, thankfully!
- Three or four days in Phnom Penh with the Jeremy Farmer family
- Five or six days in Ratanakiri province with the J.D. Crowleys and Brian Kanes. We hope to spend a night in a village. We also plan to participate in an early church service in Bland Village on 6/16, our second Sunday there.
- A Sunday afternoon drive back to Phnom Penh, and a Sunday night flight back to the U.S.
Thank you for your prayers!
Josh & Amy Jensen