Here it is, the big news: We’ve reached our support goal! Thanks to the generous commitments of many individuals and twelve churches, we received clearance from EMU International to purchase tickets to Cambodia. We fly out of Atlanta on July 3 and arrive in Phnom Penh on Independence Day.
So now what? During the next four months we will:
- Share our vision in 4 more churches, including a missions conference we’re at right now in Colorado. (We were graciously released from four speaking commitments in April and May.)
- Spend time at our home church, Hampton Park Baptist, and revisit a few of our supporting churches.
- Have a baby girl (Amy’s doing the hard work on that one).
- Be examined for ordination by the pastors at Hampton Park (Josh).
- Get rid of stuff (an ongoing process—sorry if you missed the book giveaways!).
If you’re interested in some recent happenings, take a look at some of Amy’s posts on our family blog. You can read about how I met my long-lost near-twin (pictured above), find out our kids’ latest stats, and see photos of our kids during our recent stay in Alvarado, TX.
As always, we thank you for your prayers for us. The Lord has given us safety on the road, kept us mostly healthy, given Amy a good pregnancy, and encouraged us through fellow believers as we’ve shared our vision. We’ve continually been amazed by how quickly God has connected us with financial partners.
Please pray that God would (1) continue preparing us for our transition to Cambodia, (2) give Amy and Baby Sister health and safety, (3) grant us wisdom for packing, and (4) give me time and motivation for language study when we’re home in April and during parts of May and June.
Many of you prayed God would bring our monthly support to 100% by early spring so that we can depart for Cambodia in early summer. As we like to tell Becca when God answers her prayers, “God said yes!”
If you plan to print this update, you may wish to download the PDF version, which is formatted for the printed page.